Available from American Wood Dryers , Inc.
ThermoVent is a powered flat-plate heat exchanger that uses the heat energy in the hot, wet exhaust air to preheat the cold, dry ambient air by up to 110°F. to keep the air temperature inside the dry kiln very nearly constant. This results in:
(1) SHORTER DRYING TIME, up to 15% less than without ThermoVents,
(2) MUCH SHORTER HEAT-UP TIME, half or less than without ThermoVents,
(3) IMPROVED PRODUCT UNIFORMITY,
(4) ENERGY SAVINGS of up to 35%,
(5) ADAPTABLE TO ALL TYPES OF KILN ROOFS (peaked, sloped, flat) and is controlled by the wet-bulb temperature (or EMC) just as your vents are now,
(6) POWERED INTAKE & EXHAUST FUNCTIONS ARE REVERSIBLE, controlled by your fan reversing timer,
(7) INTAKE & EXHAUST AIR ARE CONTROLLED TO ACCOUNT FOR AIR DENSITY DIFFERENCES (hot, moist air is lighter than cold dry air, so the fans run at different speeds),
(8) AFFORDABLE LEASE FINANCING IS AVAILABLE.